What did you like best about 2012?

Hey, before we kick 2012 to the curb and rush headlong into our resolutions, I’m just wondering:

What did you like BEST about 2012?

You can reply in the comments, or on Facebook. But I’d really like you to write out a response.

Why? Because when we write things down, it makes them more true, more solid. It transfers the thought from the ether and into a more purposeful reality.

So write it, because what you liked could really affect how you think (and act) in 2013.

So, what did I like best about 2012?

I really enjoyed my summer with the kids. I was flat-out terrified about spending all-that-time with the kids (this was the first summer “alone” with them and no nannies). But we had so much fun, I was practically morose when the summer ended.  I’m feeling the same as Christmas break comes to an end.

So, what about you? What did you like best in 2012?

6 comments for “What did you like best about 2012?

1. Bonnie
    January 1, 2013 at 4:50 pm

It will come as no surprise to most that I would say the birth of my first child was the best thing from 2012. But more specifically my birth experience was amazing and showed me what a strong and powerful woman I am–really all women, since our bodies are made for giving birth!

• January 1, 2013 at 5:40 pm

That is beautiful Bonnie! It has really shown, too, in your face, in Dave’s face, and in the happy happy baby! XO

2. January 1, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Training and running my first 5k — with you, of course!

• January 1, 2013 at 7:23 pm

YAY! That was really awesome, wasn’t it? Good idea, Robyn… you were a great running partner! We liked it so much, we did it twice!

3. Rod
    January 2, 2013 at 8:22 am

I liked how my knees came back to normal after I realized my folly trying to jog again. Jogging sucks – I want to RUN.

On a purely personal level my photography business ZOOMED this year. People DO buy art. More then I ever expected.

I loved how my two grand kids have grown enough to actually have personalities. And Caydance how has Down Syndrome is amazingly wonderful.

I loved how I didn’t have to mow my lawn this summer. There really is an upside to droughts.

I loved how so far this winter has been . . .OK. Very very beautiful in Wisconsin. Since the 22 inch storm we have not been above 25 so the snow still hangs on trees.

• January 2, 2013 at 9:13 am

Rod… I love how our relationship has progressed… I love your beauty and depth of character and your amazing vision (photography natch!). I love your filter. I love you! XOXO