Or, Being Married to an I.T. Guy is the New Black
I went to a marvelous dinner last evening to celebrate the greatness of a few brilliant people, my husband included. Here’s one major conclusion I came to:
I.T. guys are the new IT men. Metrosexuals are OUT. Nerd is IN.
I am not just saying this because I am married to one: I am starting to see a consistent glimmer of goodness in geekdom.
Here’s five great reasons to find Geeks HOT:
1. Brains! I love brains! You never know WHAT will come out of them!
2. While we girls are spinning around in our “holistic” worlds, these guys are the ultimate in linear. Uber-sleek, they can finish any task. Once they start it.
3. Goofy laughs are totally contagious!
4. “Interesting” stays sexier longer than flashy-in-the-pan handsome.
5. IT-man romance — although occasionally robotic — is never insincere!
The proof to my theory was in the fantastic women with the men last night– lovely, brilliant, witty, and absolutely the best of the best. Not only are IT guys smart, they are apparently discriminating too.